The Henderson Hospital Campaign Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Henderson.

Go down

The Henderson. Empty The Henderson.

Post  Sue Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:37 am

I was at the Henderson around 1970 and never forgotten the time I spent there.

A few years ago I was told that it had burned down.....have I got the right place?? Stuart was the guy in charge....

I'd be grateful if anyone can keep me updated.

Sue.

Sue

Back to top Go down

The Henderson. Empty Re: The Henderson.

Post  Karl Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Sue

Welcome to the site. The Henderson did indeed burn down, I forget the exact date, tho it was some time in the seventies. Do a search on this site for posts by Veritee2, she was there in the seventies and her post are very informative of that era.
The Hendo Re-Opened in the nurses quarters just down the road in Homeland Drive, I’m not sure if this was under Stuart or under Kingsley Norton, who was running the unit when I was a resident in 1990.
The Henderson “temporarily closed” at the beginning of last year because of funding issues and last of residences. A campaign has been in place since the plan to close the hospital was announced and a public consultation is due to take place later this year, I believe.
There is a great deal of information on this site to read on The Henderson Hospital and just about every news story written has been indexed. Please feel free to have a good look around and ask any questions, I’d be glad to help Smile

Karl

Last edited by Karl on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Karl
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Henderson. Empty The Henderson.

Post  Sue Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:46 am

[b][i]

Hi Karl,

I was horrified when I found out about the Henderson. I know I have the right place now as there is a mention of residents. Wink

I spent an entire year there and it was the best year of my life. I felt I belonged for the first time ever.......I still miss it.
Stuart was the main one at that time....I see now there is a female in charge. It sure looks different to when I was there. LOL!
We were one big family and it really was the best feeling in the world.

Wow, I have soo many wonderful/sad memories of the old place.

You take care now.....will see if I can find Verity although her name doesn't ring a bell.

I'll catch you again soon.
Sue.

Sue

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 am

Hi

Try this post

https://savethehenderson.forumotion.com/testimonies-f4/asylums-belmont-and-bed-spaces-recollections-of-henderson-t23.htm

I had a look last night and there is a guy on a contact forum that seemed to be at the Hendo when you were, the link is below.

http://www.hendersonhospital.co.uk/ex%20patients%20contact.htm

Good luck

Karl

Karl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down