The Henderson Hospital Campaign Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08

2 posters

Go down

Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08 Empty Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08

Post  Veritee2 Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:37 am

I believe the proposed Henderson Closure is being debated in Parliament on the 16th Jan 08. To my knowledge it is being brought up by Tom Brake MP - Lib-Dem Carshalton and Wallington.

It is a public debate so the public can watch from the public gallery but not participate. Some Henderson ex-residents are going there and perhaps some current residents? There has also been some disscussion of also standing outside and giving out badges and leaflets. I do not know if this is actualy going to happen?

Tome Brake has asked for a statement from me about my stay in the Henderson and what it achieved and I think he has others that he may use as part of the debate.

I can not be there because I now live in Cornwall and my husband is quite unwell at this time, not a bug he is quite ill and awaiting to see a consultant - but I really wish I could.
If anyone goes please tell me what happens? - I will try to see if the debate is recorded on the Parliament channel on digital TV and record this.

Theses are the written questions and answers

House of Commons Written Answers 10 January 2008
<http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2008-01-10a.176859.h>*

*[From Hansard}*
*Henderson Hospital: Closures*
Lynne Jones: To ask the Secretary of State for Health
what discussions he has had on the planned closure of
the Henderson Hospital; and if he will make a statement.
[176859]
Mr. Ivan Lewis: The Secretary of State for Health, (Alan
Johnson) has had no discussions with the local national
health service regarding the proposed closure of the
Henderson Hospital, as this is a matter for the local NHS.
The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Care Services (Mr.
Lewis) spoke to Peter Houghton, Chief Executive of South
West London and St George’s Mental Health National
Health Service Trust by telephone regarding the Trust’s
proposals to close the Henderson Hospital on 17 December
from South West London, and St. George’s Mental Health
National Health Service Trust, the hon. Member for
Sutton and Cheam (Mr. Burstow) and the hon. Member for
Carshalton and Wallington (Tom Brake) on 8 January 2008
to discuss this issue.

Veritee2

http://www.pni.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08 Empty Re: Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08

Post  Karl Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:07 am

They're not answers, they're spin.

I tried to make an account on They Work For You but for some reason they didn't work for me. It makes me think they don't want to hear what anyone else has to say Evil or Very Mad

Karl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08 Empty Re: Henderson Debate in Parliament 16/01/08

Post  Veritee2 Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:32 am

I know Karl but maybe the debate on the 16th - tomorrow - will get somewhere?

There is always hope!
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Following on from the meeting with Ivan Lewis, Health Minister, Henderson and local MPs, Paul Burstow MP (Sutton & Cheam)& Tom Brake MP (Carshalton & Wallington)have secured an adjournment debate in Parliament with Health Ministers to discuss Henderson Hospital on Wed 16th January 4-4.30 pm. It will be held in Westminster Hall which has provision for the public to observe, there is no opportunity for the public to speak. Access through St Stephen's Entrance and ask security for directions.'''

Westminster Hall is the oldest part of the Houses of Parliament - How to get there: http://www.parliament.uk/about/visiting/directions.cfm

I think some are planning to meet outside before and watch the debate. If anyone can get there around 3.30 please do

Veritee2

http://www.pni.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down