The Henderson Hospital Campaign Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advert in Bury Times Newspaper

2 posters

Go down

Advert in Bury Times Newspaper Empty Advert in Bury Times Newspaper

Post  Veritee2 Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:15 pm

I am sorry I have not been around. My husband has just spent some time in hospital. He is home now but still very ill, so have been nursing him.

I have just received this and thought it might be of interest to this group.

I have no idea who Dave actually is except he runs this web site: http://www.hendersonhospital.co.uk/index.html and seems to want to remain anonymous. I am guessing he is probably an ex resident of the Henderson. Nor do I know if he placed the advert or if not, who did?

I just thought others may be interested

Veritee

----- Original Message -----
To: Veritee
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Henderson ex-resident 1976

I understand that a full-page advert relating to the closure of Henderson will be appearing in the Bury Times newspaper on Thursday the seventh of February. I thought it might be of some interest to you.
I have been sent a copy of the advertisement, see below.

Dave
www.burytimes.co.uk
Proposed closure of Henderson Hospital.

A direct appeal to labour MP Ivan Lewis, who is the Member of Parliament for Bury South and the Parliamentary Under-Secretary for the Department of Health.

MP Ivan Lewis has substantial responsibility in this hospital closure.

People and government should be judged by their actions not by their words.

Many years ago Margaret Thatcher’s government tried to close down this hospital. Eventually the Conservative government of the time came to realise the long-term financial benefit in keeping it open.

It would be ironic if such a useful establishment was able to survive under a Conservative government yet became victim to financial cuts by the Gordon Brown’s labour government.

Closing Henderson Hospital would have a short-term financial benefit to the government, but could hardly be considered financially competent in the long-term.

We realise that the hospital's site could be sold off, possibly for luxury housing, but a Labour government is there to serve the vulnerable as well as the rich.

We appeal to you, Ivan Lewis to exercise the financial expertise you gained in the Treasury and keep Henderson Hospital open

Veritee2

http://www.pni.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Advert in Bury Times Newspaper Empty Re: Advert in Bury Times Newspaper

Post  Karl Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 pm

No worries Veritee, your husbands health has to be the most important thing for you both ATM. Things are starting to kae shape here now. We have a meeting booked for Firday, this week. I think there will be about 10 of us going, including residents, ex-residents and staff too. I will let you and everyone else know what happens, as soon as I have digested it all myself Smile

Karl
Admin

Back to top Go down