The Henderson Hospital Campaign Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ex resedent

2 posters

Go down

ex resedent Empty ex resedent

Post  bravehar Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:50 am

hi all i was a ex resedent of the henderson who never done the full time thier but to be honest i was very onesided always causing a problem against authorty but i went through care when i was younger and didnt conform to sociaty.the henderson taught me what life was about and proved to me the world wasint against me and since i left the henderson i have traveled to america promoting my campaining for to help children what have been abused.i am concerned about the henderson for one reason simply this i have had problems trying to come to terms with my abuse all my life giving this counceling giving that counceling at the time i thought it wasint working but you know what it did and this is down to the dedication of the staff and resident and the set up thier.i for one am very disapointed at the various depts for leting this happen as one again the persons what need help are let down by a system that only cares about money.surley the means justifies all the sucess the henderson has had.

bravehar

Back to top Go down

ex resedent Empty Re: ex resedent

Post  Karl Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:50 am

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting your Hendo experience and for making an account. Feel free to browse the whole forum, there is plenty to read.

If you need any help with anything, please shout.

Ps;

What year were you at The Hendo??

Karl
Admin

Back to top Go down

ex resedent Empty Welcome

Post  Veritee2 Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:32 pm

A welcome from me too.

I hope that you can use the forum and find it useful. I am very sorry to hear of your experiences of abuse. I too suffered abuse - I think many that found their way to the Henderson might also? For me I do not think my abuse as a child was as significant as it may be for many as to why I eventually found myself at the Henderson. However it was still a horrible thing for a child to go through and certainly added to my difficulties, mistrust of authority and distress.

Good luck with your work with abused children - no one knows what it is really like more than one who has suffered the same. Good for you for turning it around and using your experiences to help others

Veritee

Veritee2

http://www.pni.org.uk

Back to top Go down

ex resedent Empty Re: ex resedent

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum